This historic theater in the heart of Verona, at the corner of the Piazza Bra, has had a difficult life. Beginning in 1716, Teatro Filarmonico served as the city’s opera house for three decades until in 1749, a devastating fire razed the theater. It was rebuilt and reopened in 1754 only to be destroyed again 191 years later during an air raid in 1945. Determined, the community rebuilt the historic theater and in 1975 raised the curtain once again. Today, Teatro Filarmonico is part of the Arena di Verona organization and serves as the venue for performances for the Arena’s off-season, during the fall, winter and spring. A season of operas, ballets, and concerts, featuring some of the most internationally renowned artists, fill this beautiful and historical theater.