Named as far back as the 9th century, the Romanesque church dates back to later rebuilding in Burgundian and Cluniac styles, after the earthquake of 1117.
Radical restoration work was also necessary after the last war.
The architecture is interesting, with two graduated towers leading into the original women's galleries, a cantilever doorway on the front, and a side Renaissance doorway leading to the entrance courtyard. Built in typical local materials, strips of brick and tuff, and some rows of cobbles laid in herringbone style, it has three naves, a transept and five oriented apses. It contains remains of frescoes, multiform capitals and over the main altar, a Madonna and Child with Saints by Domenico Brusasorzi.